Please look over this website – it gives the best overview of the Hostel and will provide you with all of the information that you need. If you have not visited the Hostel before, please make sure that you read the following:
FIRST VISIT FREQUENTLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS
- The Hostel is a membership organization; you must become a member of The Hostel in order to stay.
- The Hostel is a 501c3 Charitable Corporation
- Lifetime Membership is $10 per person.
- The cost is $30 per night per person. We accept credit/debit cards and cash.
- You must be 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
- We cannot accept reservations by email – please call 912-264-9738.
- You MUST bring a legal photo ID.
- No firearms or any other types of weapons are allowed on any part of the Hostel property
- No Fireworks allowed on any part of the Hostel property
- We do not guarantee or take requests for treehouses. We can only guarantee a bed.
- The maximum group size is 5 people, not just for your reservation but for your whole group.
- The Hostel no longer provides trash/recycling collection, so we ask our members to keep any trash, packaging, and recycling they generate in their time here with their belongings, and to take it with them when they go. Remember, if you pack it in, you must pack it out.
- Upon arrival you MUST sign the membership agreement form.
- Call the day before to confirm your reservation or we may not be able to accommodate you.
- There is no heating or cooling in any of the rooms. When its cold we can provide some blankets but best bring a sleeping bag.
- No heaters of any kind can be used in any of the tree houses.
- No pets – We do not permit you to bring animals of any kind to the Hostel. We have free-range chickens & ducks running around. We can help you make arrangements to board your pet locally and would be happy to make recommendations.
- You may stay for a maximum of 3 nights.
- We offer a free vegetarian dinner to guests every night. No other meals are provided.
- We have a full kitchen for you to use except while dinner is being prepared.
- We provide organic fairtrade coffee for a small donation.
- You should read the requirements page before making a reservation.
If you are interested in contributing to the hostel, you can check out our Wish List to see if there are any donations or services you could offer. Please review them here.
We hope you enjoy your first trip to the Hostel.